Just over two years ago, I finished my Steam Pistol (see here for more details), since then, the metallic finish had become tarnished, the markings had begun to peel, and the wood effect plastic handle had begun to get on my nerves.
So, over a quiet weekend, I found the time to re-finish the old girl:
Close-up of the new markings:
These have been etched on brass using salt-water electrolysis, a simple but very effective method:
The new handle has been hand turned on a lathe from a piece of cedar, or possibly mahogany (the joy of off-cuts!):
The metallic finish is a chrome-effect over gloss black, giving a very bright, highly metallic finish.